Yotism is a specialised sensory yoga approach designed to support the learning, development, emotional and mental health needs of people on the autism spectrum or other related symptoms. We want to offer each individual the opportunity to live in as much harmony and potential as possible.
It has been proven through research and direct feedback that the effects of yoga are both powerful and profound in helping children and adults on the spectrum. This unique neurosensory yoga approach can benefit individuals with sensory integration disorder, Asperger’s syndrome, a pervasive developmental disorder, autism, attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD), global developmental delay (GDD) and more.
Our method fuses together elegantly, modern scientific understanding of movement, the brain, neurosensory systems, neurophysiology and emotional processing, with the ancient healing art of yoga.
Some benefits include:
- Calming and soothing the nervous system
- Enhanced self-regulation and body awareness
- Improved hand eye coordination and muscle tone
- Enhanced motor skills, balance and spatial awareness
- Improved attention, focus, confidence and self esteem
- More control in regulating anxiety and emotions
- Regulates both quality and quantity of sleep
- Reduction in aggression and self harming
- Reduction of obsessive and self stimulatory behaviours
- Decline in sensory overload
- Enhanced eating and healing of digestive complaints
- The joy and benefit of connecting and sharing with others
- Develops social interactions and helps to reduce social anxiety
- An introduction to the self
Our Foundation continuing professional development (CPD) course is an initial three-day (24 hour) training module which will equip you with the tools and practical application that you need to run specialist yoga classes or workshops with confidence.
We truly hope to see you at one of our courses soon. Please do not hesitate to contact Nicole with any questions, for further information on training, practical applications or course content email@example.com